SF / PARIS / REMOTE
👋 Hello! Orbit is hiring a product designer to help build the main Orbit application, which equips community builders with data and tools to deliver a great community member experience.
We’re looking for a designer who is a strong individual contributor and looking for the opportunity to enhance the UX of the existing app while helping design and implement significant new areas of the product.
In this role, you’ll help shape the evolution of our community experience platform, an entirely new category of business software.
Here are some signs that you might be a good fit for the role:
- You have years of web application design experience in a B2B SaaS context
- You're excited about being a fast-moving generalist at an early-stage company
- You have a strong portfolio of prior work, showcasing your visual design, interaction design, and typography
- You are autonomous and proactive, taking full ownership of work and caring about the details
- You can explain design decisions and rationale, even to team members who do not have a design background
- You are skilled at each stage of the design process but always focused on the needs of the customer
- You have a POV on how your design choices will impact business metrics
- You understand the balance between perfection and speed
- You both have opinions and welcome critiques to get to better outcomes
- You value accurate and friendly written communication
- You’re interested in community building
- Front-end coding skills are desirable, but not required
Here are some things you’ll do:
- Partner directly with our CEO, CTO, and engineering team to develop our user experience and product design
- Own the end-to-end design and UX of the Orbit application, from wireframes and sketches to final delivery of visual design
- Spend time with customers to fine-tune your intuition about the product
- Ensure consistency in our design language system, brand, and platform architecture
- Contribute to business strategy, requirement definition, and feature prioritization
- Jump in to help with various non-product design tasks from time to time
We’re looking for someone who can help us evolve the current UX of Orbit and chart the course for the coming years.
Here are some other details about the role:
- Competitive salary
- Reports to the CTO
- Remote-friendly or local in Paris or San Francisco
- No visa sponsorship at this time