Supporting the business
Automatically invite Twitter users to join your community
After manually checking the list, sending community invites, and modifying your filter criteria for adding someone to a list, you may reach a state that you are sending a community invite to every single new member in your Invite list.
If this is the case, it’s a great time to consider automating your community invites. Here’s how we’d do it.
Step 1) Mark everyone in your list that you’ve already invited
- Go to your list and select everyone that you’ve welcomed before (i.e. everyone with a Completed status).
- Click Actions → Add Tag. Add the tag “invited-to-community” to these members. This will help us identify these members so that we don’t send them another community invite via our new automation.
Step 2) Create your automated community invite workflow
- Go to Workflows and click Send Twitter DM from the Start a Workflow list of options.
- In Step 1, update the filters so that they match the same ones you used in the Add Member to List workflow for your invite list. Also, add the filter Tag does not match invited-to-community so that you won’t send another invite to people who have already been invited.
- Compose the message you’d like to send. In this case, our message might be:
- Click Run Workflow and you’re done!
Hey! Thanks for talking about us in your recent tweet. We have a Discord where we talk more about Orbit stuff and we’d love to have you there. Here’s the link: http://discord.orbit.love/