Bring recently inactive members back into your community
Time to complete: 5 minutes
To grow an engaged community, you must make sure that current members are staying engaged.
In this playbook, you’ll learn how to to use Orbit to:
1) identify recently inactive members who used participate a lot in the community
2) send a check-in message to try to bring them back
Step 1) Create a list of recently inactive members
- Go to the Lists tab in your workspace. Click Create new list. Add a name and a description for the list. In this case, we’ll use the following:
Name: Re-engage top drifting members
Description: Send check-in messages to members that used to be quite active in our community. Members will be added to this list if they are in Orbit Level 1 or 2 and were active in the prior 3 months, but have not had any activity in the last month.
Step 2) Auto-add members to your list
Next, we’ll set up a workflow to automatically add members who meet the criteria for our list.
- Go to the Workflows tab and select Add Member to List.
- For workflow step 1, select the filters that match our inactive member criteria
- For workflow step 2, select the list you created above from the dropdown.
- Click Run Workflow and then go back to your list. You will see that it has been populated with members that currently match your recently inactive member criteria. Moving forward, only members that have not matched before will be added to your list each day.
Step 3) Send a check-in message
- Scan your list for recently inactive members that were added to your list. They should have no status in the Status column. Look at the info in the columns or click on the member name to determine if you’d like to check in on that member.
- If you’d like to check in on the member, update their status to In Progress. Then, look at their Linked Profiles column to determine where you want to send your check-in message. Click on the icon you want. This will either take you to that site or copy their username so you can send your message.
- After you send your message, update the member’s status in your list to Complete.
Our message will say something like this:
Hey, Things are quiet without you in our Discord! Just wanted to check in and see how things are going for you? If there is any way that I can support you, please let me know. I’m always happy to chat.
There are many ways that you can tailor the check-in process to your community’s needs. Check out the resources below for more ideas: