Grow your community using Twitter
Time to complete: 5 minutes
To grow your community, you need a process that makes it easy to find good potential members and invite them to your community.
By the end of this guide you will know how to use Orbit to:
1) Find people on Twitter who might want to join your community
2) Send them a Twitter DM with an invite to join
Follow along with this video or read the guide below:
Step 1) Create a list of people on Twitter who might want to join your community
- Go to the Lists tab in your workspace. Click Create new list. Add a name and a description.
Step 2) Auto-add members to your list
Next, we will use workflows to auto-add members to your list.
- Go to the Workflows Tab. Select Add Member to List
- Set up filters for your workflow. They should look as follows:
- For workflow step 2, choose your list from the dropdown. Then click Run Workflow. All currently matching members will be added to your list.
Step 3) Send your Twitter DM invites
- Scan your list for newly added members and figure out which ones you want to invite. You can click on their name to see their latest tweet in their activity timeline.
- If you’d like to send them a message, click Actions → Send Twitter DM. Then, write your DM and click Send.
- If the DM sent correctly, go back to the list and update their status to Done.
- If you did not send them an invite, update their status to Skipped
In this case, our DM will say:
Hey Colin! Thanks for sharing your love of Orbit with us. We actually have a Discord where we talk more about Orbit stuff and we’d love to have you there. Here’s the link: http://discord.orbit.love/
And that’s it! ✅
If you’d like to streamline your Twitter invite process further, here are a few resources for you: