With Orbit’s HubSpot integration, you can finally get the full picture of your customer’s journey to purchasing your product. Connecting the activities of your community and sales team can give you the following benefits:
- Give your sales team more context before emailing and meeting with leads, which helps with lead conversion.
- Allow your community team to easily flag community qualified leads (CQLs) to the sales team and bring them into the sales funnel.
Connecting the HubSpot integration will help you take the first step towards better proving the ROI of your community.
What can you do with the HubSpot integration
- Manually send CQLs (Community Qualified Leads) to HubSpot based on custom criteria.
- Create links between a member’s Orbit and HubSpot profiles, making it easy to toggle between the two and see who is on each platform.
- View a member’s Orbit data right on their HubSpot profile via the Orbit CRM Card.
- Start HubSpot workflows on contact creation.
- Create Reports in HubSpot to compare CQLs and other leads and track metrics.
Ready to unlock the community-sales link? We’ll walk you through how to create a contact in HubSpot from a single member’s profile and how to do it in bulk
Adding the HubSpot integration
To add the HubSpot integration to your Orbit workspace, head to Settings > Integrations and click on the HubSpot icon.
A few things to note:
- Each person that wants to send contacts to HubSpot must connect to this integration. With this in mind, it is possible to add multiple instances of the HubSpot integration to Orbit.
- To connect an integration in Orbit, you must be a workspace owner. You can go to the Collaborators tab to see your role and ask an owner to provide you with access.
Adding Contacts to HubSpot
When you connected the HubSpot integration to Orbit, you unlocked the ability to create Contacts in HubSpot from multiple places.
Option 1: From a Member profile
You’ve found interesting member in your Orbit workspace and want to add them to HubSpot. Go to their member profile, then click the Actions button. In the pop up menu, you’ll see Create Contact in HubSpot.
This will open a modal where you can preview what information will be sent to HubSpot.
If you have more than one HubSpot account connected, use the dropdown to select which HubSpot instance you’d like to send the contact info to. Then click Create.
You can then look at the Actions tab on the member’s profile to see if the action has completed successfully.
If it has not succeeded, click the banner at the top right of the page. It will take you to a log page where you can learn more.
Option 2: Add Multiple Contacts
It is also possible to add single, and multiple contacts that match any Filter criteria on the Orbit Member’s view. This is useful for creating Contacts that might have all participated in the same activity, such as attending an event.
First, go to the Members table and use the filters to narrow down your audience. Select all member matching the filters you choose. Once you do this you’ll see a new Quick Actions menu appear above the table.
Click on Actions and you’ll see a menu of available options, including Create Contact in HubSpot
This will open a modal where you can double check who you are sending over, and what email will be used to create their HubSpot Contact. There you can also use the dropdown to select which HubSpot instance you’d like to send the contact info to (if you have more than one).
Click Create and the magic will happen in the background.
If you want to check on the status of your action, click the banner on the upper right of your screen, and it will take you to a log that tells you more. There, you can view the status of your contact creation.
You can view a log of what activity has been performed at any time by clicking on Settings > Actions Log. There you can see all the different contact creation runs in one place.
Who will get added as a contact in HubSpot?
Anyone you select that has an email address. The email address is used to ensure that contacts are not created as duplicates, as well as attaching additional information about the company that the contact works for. Because of this requirement, Contacts cannot be created without an email address.
How do I check if creating Contacts worked?
Go to Settings > Actions Log to see the status of your run. Click on it to see which members succeeded, who already existed in HubSpot, who could not be sent to HubSpot.
What new info will I now see on members in Orbit?
If a member has been added to HubSpot, you will now see a HubSpot identity on their Orbit profile. This identity also serves as a clickable shortcut to their HubSpot profile.
What new information will I see in HubSpot?
When the HubSpot integration is added to Orbit, we activate a new section of HubSpot’s right side info column. This enables us to show you any Orbit data that might exist for any existing Contact in HubSpot. The Orbit CRM Card, as it is known, provides a live view for any HubSpot contact and shows useful elements such as Love Score, Orbit Level, and the last activities that user participated in.
- HubSpot integration
- What can you do with the HubSpot integration
- Adding the HubSpot integration
- Adding Contacts to HubSpot
- Option 1: From a Member profile
- Option 2: Add Multiple Contacts
- Who will get added as a contact in HubSpot?
- How do I check if creating Contacts worked?
- What new info will I now see on members in Orbit?
- What new information will I see in HubSpot?