With Orbit’s HubSpot integration, you can finally get the full picture of your customer’s journey to purchasing your product. Connecting the activities of your community and sales team can give you the following benefits:
- Give your sales team more context before emailing and meeting with leads, which helps with lead conversion.
- Allow your community team to easily flag community qualified leads (CQLs) to the sales team and bring them into the sales funnel.
Connecting the HubSpot integration will help you take the first step towards better proving the ROI of your community.
What can you do with the HubSpot integration
- Manually or automatically send CQLs (Community Qualified Leads) to HubSpot based on custom criteria.
- Create links between a member’s Orbit and HubSpot profiles, making it easy to toggle between the two and see who is on each platform.
- View a member’s Orbit data right on their HubSpot profile via the Orbit CRM Card.
- Start HubSpot workflows on contact creation.
- Create Reports in HubSpot to compare CQLs and other leads and track metrics.
- Sync customers and organizations in Orbit so you can see which companies are also customers and be informed when new customers from the community are created.
Ready to unlock the community-sales link? We’ll walk you through how to create a contact in HubSpot from a single member’s profile and how to do it in bulk
Adding the HubSpot integration
To add the HubSpot integration to your Orbit workspace, head to Settings > Integrations and click on the HubSpot icon.
A few things to note:
- Each person that wants to send contacts to HubSpot must connect to this integration. With this in mind, it is possible to add multiple instances of the HubSpot integration to Orbit.
- To connect an integration in Orbit, you must be a workspace owner. You can go to the Collaborators tab to see your role and ask an owner to provide you with access.
Create contacts in HubSpot
After you connect the HubSpot integration to Orbit, you unlock the ability to create contacts in HubSpot from multiple places — both manually and automatically.
Option 1: Manually create contact from a member profile
So you’ve found interesting member in your Orbit workspace and want to add them to HubSpot.
- Go to their member profile
- Click the Actions button.
- Click Create Contact in HubSpot. This will open a modal where you can preview what information will be sent to HubSpot.
- Use the dropdown to select which HubSpot instance you’d like to send the contact info to.
- Click Create.
- Look at the Actions tab on the member’s profile to see if the action has completed successfully.
- If it has not succeeded, click the banner at the top right of the page. It will take you to a log page where you can learn more.
Option 2: Bulk-create contacts
It is also possible to create single and multiple contacts that match specific filter criteria. This is useful for creating contacts that have participated in the same activity, such as attending an event.
You can do this from the Members table or from a Member list.
- Select members from the table
- Click Actions → Create contact in HubSpot.
- This will open a modal where you can double check who you are sending over, and what email will be used to create their HubSpot Contact.
- Use the dropdown to select which HubSpot instance you’d like to send the contact info to (if you have more than one).
- Click Create. The magic will happen in the background.
If you want to check on the status of your action, click the banner on the upper right of your screen, and it will take you to a log that tells you more. There, you can view the status of your contact creation.
You can view a log of what activity has been performed at any time by clicking on Settings > Actions Log. There you can see all the different contact creation runs in one place.
Option 3: Automatically create contacts from the Workflows tab
Lastly, you can automatically create contacts in HubSpot when members match specific criteria.
- Go to the Workflows tab
- Click on Create Contact in HubSpot and set up your workflow.
- For workflow step 1, leave it as is unless you want this to happen hourly.
- For workflow step 2, choose your filters.
- For workflow step 3, select the HubSpot instance that your contacts should be created in. You can have multiple instances connected to your workspace, so select the one you want from the HubSpot Integration dropdown.
- Click Run Workflow. This will immediately run on matching members. You can see this run and your new workflow in the Workflows list on the Workflows tab.
You may have noticed that for the HubSpot workflow, there are two filters there by default: filtering for members with email addresses and members without a HubSpot linked profile. These filters are there because 1) members need an email address to become a contact, and 2) we don’t want to make repeat contacts for people who are already have their HubSpot profile linked.
Sync customers from HubSpot to Orbit
It is also possible to sync your customers and organizations in Orbit. This is useful for understanding which members in your community are working for customers of yours.
When you add the HubSpot integration to your workspace, you can turn on Customer Sync from the integration settings page:
Choosing the Primary account will trigger a historical import of customer data from your connected HubSpot instance.
Our matching criteria is:
- The domain on the company profile in HubSpot matches that of the organization in Orbit
- The company lifecycle stage in HubSpot is “Customer”
- A deal is associated with the company is HubSpot at the deal stage is “Close-Won”.
If any organization profiles are matched, we will add some additional information to the organization profile in Orbit:
- A badge that denotes the organization is a customer.
- The date that they became a customer so you can see what community activity took place before that point.
- Members who work for customer organizations will also have a ‘C’ badge on their profile and on the member table view.
Once customer sync is enabled, we will update any matching organization profiles with their customer status once they hit the “Customer” lifecycle stage in HubSpot. This will keep everything up to date and you’ll be informed via notifications when an organization in the community becomes a customer.
Who will get added as a contact in HubSpot?
Anyone you select that has an email address. The email address is used to ensure that contacts are not created as duplicates, as well as attaching additional information about the company that the contact works for. Because of this requirement, Contacts cannot be created without an email address.
We use a member’s primary email address to create their contact in HubSpot.
Why did Orbit add a duplicate contact to HubSpot?
This can happen if your member in Orbit has a different primary email than the one saved in HubSpot. To prevent duplicates from happening, you can first check the primary email of a member to make sure it is the one you want to associate with their HubSpot contact. To change their primary email, go to their Orbit profile and change which email has the star icon.
How do I check if creating contacts worked?
If you created a contact manually, go to Settings > Actions Log to see the status of your run. Click on it to see which members succeeded, who already existed in HubSpot, who could not be sent to HubSpot.
If you created a contact via workflows, go to Workflows and click on your workflow to look at all past runs.
What new info will I now see on members in Orbit?
If a member has been added to HubSpot, you will now see a HubSpot identity on their Orbit profile. This identity also serves as a clickable shortcut to their HubSpot profile. You’ll find it listed in the Linked Profiles & Emails section of a member’s profile.
What new information will I see in HubSpot?
When the HubSpot integration is added to Orbit, we activate a new section of HubSpot’s right side info column. This enables us to show you any Orbit data that might exist for any existing Contact in HubSpot. The Orbit CRM Card, as it is known, provides a live view for any HubSpot contact and shows useful elements such as Love Score, Orbit Level, and the last activities that user participated in.
A customer organization does not have the customer badge on their profile
If no badge appears, try these steps:
- Check that your HubSpot instance has customer sync enabled in the integration settings
- If it is enabled, head to the organization profile page and click the Refresh Profile button.
- If the badge does not appear, it could be because no company exists in HubSpot with the same domain name as the organization profile. Check the HubSpot record for the company in question to see if the domain matches. If it does not, you will need to change it in HubSpot to get it to sync.
- Still not seeing the badge? Let us know via [email protected]
- HubSpot integration
- What can you do with the HubSpot integration
- Adding the HubSpot integration
- Create contacts in HubSpot
- Option 1: Manually create contact from a member profile
- Option 2: Bulk-create contacts
- Option 3: Automatically create contacts from the Workflows tab
- Sync customers from HubSpot to Orbit
- Who will get added as a contact in HubSpot?
- Why did Orbit add a duplicate contact to HubSpot?
- How do I check if creating contacts worked?
- What new info will I now see on members in Orbit?
- What new information will I see in HubSpot?
- A customer organization does not have the customer badge on their profile