Use Zapier to track meetings scheduled with Calendly
Use this guide to get activities into your Orbit workspace when someone schedules a meeting with Calendly.
Pre-requisites: Calendly account
1) Set up Orbit on Zapier if you haven’t already:
2) Go to https://orbit.love/integration/zapier and select “Add new Calendly invitees to Orbit”. This will create a Zapier template for you to use.
3) Connect your Calendly account to Zapier if it’s not yet connected. You will need to go to your Calendly account’s Zapier Integration page to get your unique API key
4) Connect your Orbit workspace. Follow the instructions provided on Zapier.
5) Choose which fields you want to edit in Orbit using this Zap
In addition to the ones already selected, we will select Activity Type Key and Activity Properties.
6) Customize your Zap.
If you’d like activities from Calendly to look a specific way, you can set it here.
For example, you can update the Activity title to include your name, and you can set an activity type key (which is how the activity will appear in your filters).
When you’re done, press “Next”, send a test, and then turn on the Zap.
7) Check that it worked. Go to your Calendly link and schedule a meeting. Then go Orbit’s Activities tab to see if the activity appears in your timeline.
And that’s it! This Zap will now create an activity in Orbit any time a new meeting is created in your Calendly account.
Track when a specific meeting type is scheduled with you
Let’s say you run onboarding meetings and product feedback meetings and you want to use reports/filters to see the impact of each type of meeting. To do this, you’ll need to record these as separate activity types in Orbit. This section shows you how to do that.
Pre-requisites: Your Calendly account must be on the Professional plan or higher
In this example, we will be creating a new activity type for warm welcome meetings.
1) Go to Calendly and create a new event type. We’ll call this “Intro Meeting”
2) Create a new Calendly → Orbit Zap. When you get to the “Map fields” page, the one thing you must update is the Activity Type Key. This will be the name for this type of calendly meeting. In this example, we’ll call it calendly:warm_welcome_scheduled
When you’re ready, press “Next”, send a test, and then turn on the Zap.
3) Go to your Zap. Click Manage your Zap → View in Editor → Edit Zap.
4) We will now add a Filter to our Zap so that only meetings of this type will be processed as a “warm welcome activity” . Click the + button in between Trigger and Action and then click ‘Filter’. You should have previously set up a new Calendly schedule just for welcoming that we called “Intro Meeting”. Set up your filter so that it will only continue if the EventType Name contains the words “Intro Meeting” it.
5) Rename your Zap to “Scheduled Calendly Warm Welcome with [Teammate Name]”. Then click Publish and you’re done!
You can then do the same process for any other meetings that you want to record to as a new Orbit activity type.