Gravity is the field guide for product communities—a print and digital digest from Orbit that explores the theory and practice of building and scaling product communities. Our primary goal is to provide valuable information through long-form articles, interviews with experts, and other thoughtful content.
Each issue of Gravity will focus on a specific theme and we are seeking pitches that approach these themes with cleverness, imagination, and care. All accepted stories will go through our in-house editorial process and will be published in future issues of Gravity in print and/or online. This is a paid writing opportunity.
Right now, we are interested in pitches geared towards product communities, based on these themes:
- Building community IRL, networking, measuring offline impact
- Diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
- Launching a product community (tools, tactics, tips, etc.)
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE, BASED ON THE THEME
- Interviews with experts
- Long-form essays
- Opinion pieces (not rants)
- In-depth profiles
- Stories about lessons learned
WHAT WE DON’T WANT TO SEE
- Software, gadget, product, or app reviews
- General "business", “tech” or “design” topics
- Humorous pieces
- Anything that you could read somewhere else
Send your pitches to [email protected].
Pitches should be 300 words or less, with a clear outline of your concept, a description of the target audience, and your thoughts on how you will approach the topic. Please include an estimated final word count, as well as a link to any published writing samples (if you have them).
If you have not heard from us in two weeks, feel free to respectfully send us a follow-up message.