Add an activity to a member
This guide will walk you through adding a custom activity to a member profile and adding a custom activity to multiple member profiles.
Sometimes you just want to add a single one-off activity to a member profile. Some examples include:
- You had a zoom or coffee meeting with a member
- They spoke at an event on your behalf
- They wrote a guest post for your community blog
So here's how you add an individual activity to that member's profile:
- Navigate to their profile page and click Add Activity
- Fill the modal as follows:
- Title: what you want to call this activity (e.x. Spoke at conference)
- Occurred On: the date that the activity occurred. Defaults to today.
- Description: add more details about this activity (e.x. Spoke about communities of practice at our online conference)
- Link Text (optional): what you want the link to say (e.x. Communities of Practice Zoom Link)
- Link URL (optional): link to a URL relevant to the activity (e.x. URL for the conference zoom talk)
- Key (optional unique id):
If you don’t see an activity type that you’re looking for, go to Settings → Activity Types to see if it exists and what it’s called.
How would I add an activity to multiple members?
If you need to add an activity to multiple members, follow the steps here: Add an activity to multiple members
You can also upload a CSV to add activities as well:
How would I automatically add an activity to members?
You have a few options: