Add an activity to a member
This guide will walk you through adding a custom activity to a member profile and adding a custom activity to multiple member profiles.
Sometimes you just want to add a single one-off activity to a member profile. Some examples include:
- You had a zoom or coffee meeting with a member
- They spoke at an event on your behalf
- They wrote a guest post for your community blog
So here's how you add an individual activity to that member's profile:
In those cases, navigate to their profile page ad click Add an activity:
Clicking that link will open a dialogue for entering details about the activity.
The Add Activity modal
Fill the modal out as follows:
- Title: what you want to call this activity (e.x. Spoke at conference)
- Occurred On: the date that the activity occurred. Defaults to today.
- Description: add more details about this activity (e.x. Spoke about communities of practice at our online conference)
- Link Text (optional): what you want the link to say (e.x. Communities of Practice Zoom Link)
- Link URL (optional): link to a URL relevant to the activity (e.x. URL for the conference zoom talk)
- Key (optional unique id):
💡 Don’t see the activity type you’re looking for in the Activity Type dropdown?
Adding one-off activities to multiple members in your workspace
If you find that you need to add one-off activities to multiple members in your workspace, you may want to consider importing these via CSV. Here is specific documentation to help you to do this: