The Twitter DMs integration allows you to send direct messages from your Twitter account while staying inside Orbit. This means that you do not have to leave Orbit to send a DM to a community member that you discover in your Orbit workspace.
A few things to note about this integration:
- Only you can send DMs from the Twitter account that you connect. This means that if you connect a personal Twitter account or a company Twitter account, only you can use it to send DMs.
- We do not import the tweets or DMs for this Twitter account into your workspace. So if you want to send DMs via your personal Twitter account (since this is usually most effective), your personal tweets and DMs will not be added to your community workspace. If you’d like your tweets to be recorded in Orbit, you can do by connect with our regular Twitter integration.
- You must be a workspace owner to connect an integration in Orbit. You can go to the Collaborators tab to see your role and ask an owner to provide you with access.
In this doc, we’ll walk you through how to set up the Twitter DMs integration.
Set up Twitter DMs on your Workspace
- Go to Settings → Integrations
- Click on Twitter DMs
- A modal will pop up asking you to confirm that you are already logged into the Twitter account that you want to connect to Orbit. Check the checkbox and click Connect.
- You’ll be asked to Authorize Orbit for Twitter. Orbit requires read and write permissions (because Twitter will not let us only request write permissions), but we will not be reading any of your tweets or DMs with this integration.
- If successful, you will be redirected to a Twitter DM Settings page.
🚧 By default, Twitter will install the Orbit app to whichever Twitter account you're currently logged into. So be sure to login to the appropriate account before connecting.
Is there a limit to the number of Twitter DMs I can send a day?
Yes - you can send at most 200 Twitter DMs per day. We strongly discourage sending more than that because it could be viewed as spam by your members.
I can no longer send Twitter DMs from my account. What might be wrong?
First, go to your integrations page, click on your Twitter DM integration and check its status. It’s possible you may need to re-authorize the integration in order for it to work again.
If I set up an automated Twitter DM workflow, will it send a DM to people that have received a DM before?
No. When you set up a Twitter DM workflow, it will only send a DM to everyone that matches your workflow once. Anyone that has already gotten a DM via your workflow will not receive another one, even if they match your filter criteria again in the future.
This integration is still not working for me! What do I do?
Please contact [email protected] and we’ll get you all sorted out.