Intro to Programs
Programs are a way to manage your various community initiatives within your Orbit Workspace. Here are a couple examples of Programs you may want to create:
- Champions (sometimes called Ambassadors or Advocates) - Community Members who are experts and advocates of your product.
- Beta Testers - A select group of Community Members who have first access to your new features and provide feedback before the feature is fully released.
- Content Contributors - Community Members who write blog posts, help articles, or other types of content on your behalf.
- Conference Presenters - A group of experts in your industry that speak at conferences on your behalf.
A Program in Orbit allows you to review and manage new applications to the program, manage current members of the program, and report on their contributions.
Why are Programs Important?
Community Programs are a very effective way to generate value for your community and bolster your community initiatives. For example, a Champions Program can amplify your brand awareness, provide authentic endorsements and case-studies, help other community members learn how to use your product, and cultivate organic community engagement. A Beta Testers program will help ensure your product enhancements are aligned with what your users want, help you find bugs or pain-points in your new features, and improve your product overall.
Whether you already have a program running or want to start one from scratch, Orbit Programs can help.
What can I do with Programs?
Create a Program
Let’s start with the basics. Find out how to create a new program here:
Import your applications
After creating a program, let’s import any applications you still need to process!
Collect applications via a Form
Using a simple web-form, you can have new applications go directly into your Program in Orbit:
Review and Manage Applications
All the information is at your fingertips to accept or reject your new applicants:
Onboard new Program Members
Once new members are accepted into your Program, they usually need to complete a few steps they need to complete to onboard. Let’s manage this with Orbit Programs!
Collect Contributions from your Program Members
As part of being part of the program, members often contribute to your initiatives. Let’s give them a form to self-report their contributions!
Manage Program Settings
Set up your Onboarding Page, Email Template, and integrate with Gmail so you can send emails directly from Orbit!
- What is a Champions Program?
- Planning a Successful Champions Program
- Launching and Growing Your Champions Program
- Intro to Programs
- Why are Programs Important?
- What can I do with Programs?
- Create a Program
- Import your applications
- Collect applications via a Form
- Review and Manage Applications
- Onboard new Program Members
- Collect Contributions from your Program Members
- Manage Program Settings
- Additional Resources
- Blog Posts: